14 January 2006

How does a lion find...

The New Adventures of He-Man had a lot of things going for it, and hopefully with the forthcoming DVD releases many people will realize this! One of the best things about the show was Skeletor. Now I loved Alan Oppenheimer's voice and Filmation's portrayal of the Lord of Destruction, but with the new show Skeletor's character was changed. He was still evil, and he still wanted to best He-Man, but he was more of a comedian. To a lot of people that may sound like a negative point to make, but the dialogue when delivered by Campbell Lane was inspired. Skeletor had never sounded so natural! I've always said that the Filmation version of He-Man will always be my favorite, but The New Adventures of He-Man to me will always be a wonderfully alternative look at what He-Man could have been like! :)

In the episode "Attack on Onnor" Skeletor pursues Werban the Secretary of the Inner Council for quite some distance, and when he finally catches him he amusingly confronts him as only this Skeletor can!

For your listening pleasure, How does a lion find...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Dave said...

Good, but lest we forget the even better piece of dialogue Skeletor gets earlier on...

"We don't just go down there and go 'BA-RABA-RABA RABA-RABA-RABA!!!'.... OK?"

Chris M said...

Howdy

Wow I have never heard any characters from NA and I have to say I am impressed with the way that Skeletor talks, can't wait to see these on DVD.

Olesker said...

I'm speechless. I've been writing for twenty-five years, stopped counting the number of episodes I've written when I hit a thousand and made a lot of deals for a lot of series. But to see something like this, to see these moments highlights, to read the fans' responses... I just don't know what to say. I can't express the emotions I feel. I guess all I can say is thanks...from the bottom of my heart.

Best,

Jack Olesker

Stephanie said...

Hi! I came across your site from browsing YouTube. This is so funny! I admit, NA wasn't my favorite version of He-Man, but I am a huge Skeletor fan. While I'm not thrilled with how he's portrayed in NA, the dialog makes up for it. He has to be one of the best villians ever!

ToonJukka said...

SOOO Awesome that your blog will be featuring all the aspects of MOTU/POP/NA/MYP in these posts! NA has always been the black sheep of MOTU/POP family. Though I admit that I will watch an episode here or there. Skeletor in this show always felt like a Joker (before Batman:TAS!) and he is really funny. No comparison between Filmation's Skeletor or even MYP's Skeletor but NA does have its own merits.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...