26 February 2006

Yeeowww!

If you go back to my Blog entry The cowardly cat's point of view, you will see the moment Cringer witnessed Prince Adam transform into He-Man in the cartoon. In issue thirty-eight of the UK Masters of the Universe comic The Secret Files of Scrollos dealt with how the Heroic Warriors were formed, and part of the story showed how Cringer became Battle Cat for the first time. Even though the origin differed to the cartoon this shot of Cringer watching Adam become He-Man is very much like the "Battlecat" episode!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Chris M said...

Howdy

Yeah the are very similar, cool. I like seeing two sides of the same things to be able to compare them, as for example this :)

Chris M

Mike Bock said...

Again I love to read about how things happened in the UK comics, this one is no exception James.

I am sure there will be more :)

Kevin Martinell said...

Cringer looks as if his jaw is about to drop! I get a kick out of his "Take!" :)

When I read the word, "Yeeowww," I thought about Skeletor attempting to break into the temple within Mount Eternia from "The Energy Beast" and Cringer being startled by the Hollywag (S.P?), from "A Bird In The Hand," to which both characters let out a great big "Yeeowww!" :)

While on the subject of what the comic strip states, I hope you can do an excerpt from "The Shadow Of Skeletor," when Prince Adam nearly transforms in front of Teela, like on the Episode Review Website! :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Jay Firestorm said...

I'm hazy on this story; I have just about all of the UK comics so I shall check it out and refresh my memory.

I hope it's better than Filmation's "Battlecat". Although seeing Adam and co. younger was cool, I always wanted the first time Cringer became Battle Cat to be during some dire plot by Skeletor, not some "one off" villain.

ToonJukka said...

It is very uncanny how similar this panel is to the Filmation scene. Though great to see this much "continuity" between two mediums for MOTU.
UK Comics were a great read and always loved the "Secret Files of Scrollos". :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...