31 March 2006

The mysterious, caped, blue-skinned dude!

Sometimes background cast members in the He-Man and She-Ra series would be very straightforward in design, often based on stock designs. I think it's fair to say that we lost count of how many times Mallek's character design from "Wizard of Stone Mountain" reappeared in a crowd shot! "To Save the Creatures" is an appalling story, and yet one of the only good things about this season two He-Man episode (aside from the Chef Allen cameo) is that there are quite a few new character designs on display. Some of them are pretty cool, whilst others are just plain weird! This image below features two of the never-before-seen character designs. Now I don't care too much for the odd creature in the foreground of the shot, but who is the mysterious, caped, blue-skinned dude in the background?! Names anyone?


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

6 comments:

Chris M said...

Howdy

Hmmmmm, well he kinda reminds me a little of the Human Electro (although I could be remembering him wrong) so the Human Glacier?

Razz-Bel said...

Isn't he a Scooby Doo bad guy? I'm picturing an amuzement park scenario and Shaggy & Scooby running from him... ; )

Mosquitor said...

Looks a bit like Garth to me.

Kevin Martinell said...

He doesn't stand a chance against Icer! :)

As for the character in the foreground ... "I am the Walrus! Goo Goo Goo Joob!" :)

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

ToonJukka said...

Like Chris said, I too thought of Human Electro (A Beastly Sideshow).

Does he actually have a name in the script? I don't recall if you revealed it!

He looks like he could be from "Flash Gordon" :)

Martn Olivero said...

I think that back character is very similar to Garth , although whit cape and blue clothes! Today could be an "old and faded" version of the Mighty Spector future figure ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...