13 April 2006

Competition...

Nearly every issue of the UK Masters of the Universe comic had a competition to win figures and vehicles from the toyline. In issue two of the comic they advertised a competition to win Thunderpunch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Sy-Klone and Spikor action figures. I entered this competition as these figures had literally just appeared on the shelves in our local toy store - Needless to say I didn't win, but it's fun to remember entering the competition...and the awful artwork that advertised it!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Mike Bock said...

I miss the days when MOTU was everywhere. Thos were great times.

Too bad you didn't win James but at least you can say you participated which is cool.

Mosquitor said...

I entered a few of those, I remember entering the one in issue 3, which I was excited about because Two Bad was one of the figures and he'd just come out... naively, on the closing date of the competition, I came to the front door expecting the figures to be there!

Kevin Martinell said...

The defeated Skeletor looks so sad, here! The version of He-Man on the top portion of the ad reminds me of Admiral Scurvy, from She-Ra's "Anchors Aloft!" :)

Don't forget what She-Ra and Loo-Kee once said in "The Red Night" ... "As long as you do your best, that's what counts." :)

The contest I remembered entering was of one where fans were to create their own character that would become an action toy ... Those who did not win the contest (My brother and I, of course!) received a magnet and a He-Man mini comic. I remembered both of us receiving copies of "The Dragon's Gift" for the mini comic and one of us getting an Evil-Lyn magnet while the other got a Tri-Klops magnet ... Good stuff! :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

ToonJukka said...

Man I would have loved entering any MOTU contests back in the day. Especially one where you could win a figure.

The artwork is interesting to say the least. There's so much going on yet I can't make out what everyone is doing. Skeletor looks like he fell down because the Dragon on his back was too heavy. LOL

LJM said...

Never won any of these competitions either. :( Too bad. (Two-Badd?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...