26 July 2006

Busts Toons Returns!

My second San Diego Comic Con was an experience that I'll never forget! Once again I was honored to talk to the Filmation staff that worked on the show; socializing with the wonderful He-Man and She-Ra fans; commissioning various artists to draw Teela for the forthcoming Teela website I'm working on; and this time actually buying some comics! Many photos were taken by Emiliano Santalucia, Jon Kallis, Katy Cartee, Carlo, Busta Toons (hey, that's me) and numerous others, but for the time being here are a few that caught my eye taken by Jon, Katy and myself...

(click on the images to see them at full-size)

From left to right: Alessandra, Emiliano, myself and Jon representing at the BCI booth...


Just for laughs: Val and Emiliano at the hotel, with Alessandra browsing the Internet...


Hard at work: Emiliano drawing yet another detailed commission...


In the company of greatness: Lou Scheimer!


From left to right: Alessandra, Emiliano, Val, myself and Jon...


Only a few scripts between them: Michael Reaves and Marc Scott Zicree...


My boys: Larry DiTillio and Tom Tataranowicz!


From left to right: Katy, Alessandra, Emiliano, Jon, myself, Rob and Nathan...


The Los Angeles two: Lee and Carlo...


The Masters of the Podcast: Josh, Jon and Katy...


A writer and his creation: Brooks Wachtel and She-Ra!


From left to right: Val, Tom, Emiliano, Jon, Eamon, and myself spread out...


When Frank Cho does not show: Drawing alongside Brandon Peterson...


Goodbye: San Diego at night...

8 comments:

TheShadow said...

Hands down the best Con ever. I can't believe how much fun we had even up until the last night. Is it 2007 yet? bye bye bye...

Chris M said...

Howdy

Awesome pics James, glad all you guys had a great time :)

Kevin Martinell said...

Glad to hear that you had a blast and a safe trip there and back, James! :)

The pics came out great, including the one featuring you and Lou! I think that Alessandra kind of looks like Frosta! :)

The Teela website sounds awesome! Can't wait till it's up and running. :)

Welcome back and God Bless!

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

ThePeterNetwork said...

Is it me, or does the actress in the She-Ra living character look like, "What am I doing here?" Great shots of everything else, BT.

Mike Bock said...

Those pics are great and they sure show how much fun you guys had.
I plan to go next year, hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Jukka said...

...and the finger-maniac is caught on digital film!

.lol.

Great collection of photos there. Looks like it turned out to be a great con this year.
:)

Katy Cartee (Rainbow Brite) said...

My vote for the org's most photogenic member goes to you, James...lol :) Great pics!

David Monid said...

It must have cost you an arm and a leg, but it sure looked like you had a brilliant time there. :)

Plus you got to have a picturetaken with THE Lou Scheimer, sweet! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...