15 July 2006

The infamous Huntara image...

Here I present for your enjoyment one of the most memorable and slightly infamous images from the She-Ra season one episode "Huntara." Why is it slightly infamous? The angle alone should answer that question! Personally I feel that this was another example of director Tom Tataranowicz pushing the boundaries not only in direction, but in the material that Filmation produced. Without this kind of direction approved we may never have seen some of the memorable animation that the season two episode "Sweet Bee's Home" is famed for!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Dave said...

I can't say that I agree. I never thought of Huntara as a particularly sexy character, therefore I don't think of it as a provocative image, but then she is cut from the same cloth as Grace Jones' May Day in A View to a Kill, who was the Bond girl in that film.

Razz-Bel said...

I was going to mention Grace Jones also. Scary, yet provocative.

Kevin Martinell said...

Actually, I hadn't thought about this until I read about it here ... I guess you can look at the issue both ways, but she did have that creepy voice, well acted out by Erika Scheimer, I believe.

Since this appearance, the next female character I remembered seeing with purple skin in the Filmation series was Futura from "Ghostbusters," the most gorgeous female on that show, IMO. :) I think Erika did her voice, too.

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Geret said...

Huntara always scared me a little bit. She looks even scarier when she's wearing that mask/helmet thing in the beginning.

ToonJukka said...

The Grace Jones analogy is one I've heard many times and Huntara fits the bill pretty well.

This angle is a famous one and I'm glad that Tom managed to get it on screen.
I really wish we could have gotten the "Silaxian Wars" story too. That would have been awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...