22 September 2006

The Melog.

Here is a lovely panning shot of the Melog from the episode "Enemy With My Face." An interesting fact that someone once told me when I ran the Episode Review Website was that the word "Melog" is "Golem" spelled backwards! I found that quite interesting, as a Golem is defined as an "Artificial figure constructed to represent a human being and endowed with life." Golems are found in a lot of fantasy literature, most notably in fantasy role-playing games, so it comes as no great surprise that J. Michael Straczynski wrote this episode!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

7 comments:

Dave said...

You need to find out the definition of ananym. ;)

Kevin Martinell said...

Very beautiful and powerful image, here. I also love the end of the episode, when She-Ra uses the power from her sword to transform The Melog into a human being. :)

Interesting history on the name of the character, as well. :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Scorpia said...

I'm not an enormous fan of "Enemy With My Face" - think it's slightly over-rated. However, I do love the fact that She-Ra's 'double' doesn't adopt her image, like He-Man's Faker character...and so many evil doubles in cartoons... :)

TheShadow said...

I think Alex is just scared at the kitchen sink ;-)

Martn Olivero said...

What a great contribution! This is one of my favorite episodes of She-ra. I also find it interesting that Melog has been created with mud, like Eva. Thanks for "Golem". With all the contributions of James, we should make a totem Busta!

HB Potlood said...

I never understood why the Melog turned out to have a completely different face and voice when she was supposed to be a double of She-Ra.

ToonJukka said...

Melog is a great character and I too like the fact that when she becomes a human (spoilers) that she is not a dead-on She-Ra lookalike, as many cartoon evil-duplicates are of their heroic counterparts.

I remember reading the reviews from your and Zadoc's site back in the day and it was the first time I learned about this episode all and all. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...