29 September 2006

Original George Tuska!

Now I am known for purchasing animation art from the He-Man and She-Ra series, but look at what I managed to purchase just the other day! THIRTY pages of original George Tuska artwork from the DC Comics Masters of the Universe mini series. Amazingly I paid very little for all of these pages and the artwork is absolutely beautiful, most of it inked by the legendary Alfredo Alcala. Hopefully I will scan in some panels at some point so you can see just how stunning the original line art looks!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

7 comments:

Jukka said...

Nice to see you managed to the get the whole deal. I never could understand why in Finland we got that DC-story in it's edited format, with missing a page like that where they mention about Marlena's past.

I was shocked two years ago when I found out that the comic I had been reading all along, was a shorter version.

Andrew Cramer said...

Wow thats an awesome find!!!! I cant wait to see those!!!

Kevin Martinell said...

Beautiful illustration of Teela on the left-hand side of the image on the left ... She reminds me of Frosta with her hairstyle. :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Penny Dreadful said...

Gorgeous! I've always liked that DC mini-series a lot. It's funny, that most folks attribute the post-Glut/Alcala mythology to Michael Halperin, but a lot of the seeds were already in place thanks to Paul Kupperberg and, from what I understand, Mark Ellis at Mattel. Anywho, this art is wonderful!

LJM said...

So this is the actual hand-drawn artwork? It's utterly fantastic, such a talented artist. Rather jealous! I used to aspire to this but I can barely scribble myself in a cartoonish manner, haha!

Geret said...

I liked how they portrayed Prince adam as such a playa in those comics! Isn't there a scene when he's with a maiden or two in the bushes or something?

joseephus said...

That is an awesome find you got there. I have said it again, you have an amazing collection of artwork.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...