11 September 2006

Out of breath...

"Sweet Bee's Home" as many will know is my favorite She-Ra episode for many reasons, and this one panning shot of He-Man I believe is one of the smaller reasons. What I love about this image is that throughout the He-Man series and his cameos in the She-Ra series we never genuinely see He-Man tired after fighting the forces of evil. Not only do we get to see him a little out of breath in this scene, but I love the way he leans over, heavily resting on the Sword of Power. The fact that this is a panning shot makes the image look all the better. We have never seen our hero looking so tired, and yet so heroic at the same time! Yet another great piece of storyboarding and directing by Tom Tataranowicz.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Pig Boy said...

I was raving about that scene only a few weeks ago on the .org.
makes ya wonder hwo a season 3 of MOTu would've looked!

Mike Bock said...

That has been one of my favorite scenes !! The image is amazing.

Sweet Bees' Home is one hell of an episode.

Like Pig Boy said alreday, makes you wonder how a third season of MOTU would have been like.

Kevin Martinell said...

You can't blame the poor fellow ... Those Horde Troopers really kept He-Man on his toes! I also get a kick out of He-Man's awkward expression, after he turns his head towards Frosta, a few seconds later in this very same shot! :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

ToonJukka said...

He-Man tired? Surely you jest?

Even Adam said in "Into the Abyss" that "he [He-Man] never gets tired" ;)

But I kid.
This is one of those "honest" moments for our hero and I am glad it made it onto the screen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...