29 October 2006

Good, wise, brave...

I am at a slight loss as to the status of the video clips; the voting has been surprisingly low and Eric Donelson made a very good point that I myself had considered. I do believe that a lot of people would get enjoyment out of the video clips, as I would showcase scenes that people may have never noticed or truly appreciated. We shall see...

Until then, here is a wonderful panning shot from the season two He-Man episode "Battle of the Dragons." When Granamyr sends He-Man, Man-At-Arms and Orko deep below Darksmoke to retrieve his magic we are surprised by the vast caverns and dangers that threaten the Eternians! One of the more interesting scenes occurs when the heroes have to pass two large statues that come to life, stating that only the good, the wise and the brave may pass by them...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

8 comments:

Mike Bock said...

Excellent shot James, I love this particular scene.

This is one of of many great fantasy aspects Filmation's MOTU had.

I love all the episodes with Granamyr. Big fan of his. :P

Stevie said...

Please post more She-Ra!!! Like sum Sword-to-Shield action! :) luv ya busta

Kevin Martinell said...

The cavern scenes from the He-Man and She-Ra series were always outstanding, such as this one, as well as scenes from other episodes like "Quest For The Sword, "The Cold Zone," and She-Ra's "The Crystal Castle." :)

This scene ends on a hilarious note, as one of the guardians states, in reference to Orko qualifying as good, wise, and brave, "You may pass ... Two out of three is not bad!" That little moment always has me in stitches!

Another fantastic panning shot as well, James. :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

herschell said...

This is exactly why I come here to see these beuituful panning shots.

Mosquitor said...

I've always found that scene hilarious; a series highlight. :)

Mike Bock said...

Like herschell said,I love to see shots like this one. One of many reasons I come everyday and check this awesome blog is beacuse of panning shots like this one.

Great material James!
Thanks

Skelepimp said...

Fantastic!

ToonJukka said...

Love this scene.

Thanks for sharing the pan-shot.
I remember really liking the magic-aspects of this episode around the time the heroes ventures to these statues. And the end-result in the scene is also hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...