09 October 2006

Ram Man's springs?

One very brief shot stuck in my mind as a child. In the episode "Wizard of Stone Mountain" Ram Man's feet are burnt by the Spirit of Evil causing him to leap into the air. The Filmation artists create a very nice, very brief comical moment where we see that Ram Man's legs really are just giant springs! I first saw this episode in 1984 and did not see it again until 1996; yet this shot always stuck in my mind!


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

4 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Ram Man's legs look like spaghetti, here! :)

Good job capturing the full effect of the "spring legs," James. :)

The follow-up shot, that you once featured in the review of this episode, was amusing as well, with Ram-Man recovering as he sat on top of the chandelier! :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Mike Bock said...

Got to love those springs man. I wonder if I am the only one who likes the spring leged Rammy. :P

Though it is goofy ( and I won't deny that) I find it quite useful for a character like Ram Man

HB Potlood said...

Ram Man was always my favourite when I was a kid. And he still is. I even have a little Rammy on my keychain. I remember being a bit perplexed by the springs at the time, but now it just makes me love him even more.

ToonJukka said...

I remember when you mentioned this on the Episode Review Website with Zadoc.

It's an interesting trivia about Ram-Man's legs and one I wouldn't have noticed myself.
Thanks for sharing it again in DVD screen-grab glory!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...