10 November 2006

The best transformation (in my opinion)...

I just want to remind everyone that I do not accept Anonymous comments. Why? Well, because I always love to see a person's name credited by their comment! I have had a lot of Anonymous comments recently, but I have rejected them only because of the name issue, and never because of their content...

From the season one episode "Keeper of the Ancient Ruins" here is what I consider to be the best transformation sequence in the entire He-Man series. When I wrote the trivia for the BCI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe DVDs I mentioned that this was the "most realistic version of the transformation sequence" which puzzled a few people. As we all know the transformation sequence is only used for effect, and that quite a few writers have stated that the transformation only takes a few seconds. In other words when Prince Adam transforms into He-Man those watching would not see Castle Grayskull appear, or the storm-like background as He-Man holds the Sword of Power to his chest. This episode I believe shows the viewer what the transformation would look like if you were stood nearby; a few seconds of thunder and lightning with no real glamour! Watch it and judge for yourselves...

Download the video clip!

4 comments:

herschell said...

I like this transformation too as its one my favourites aswell, I believe it was 3 secs it takes to change from Adam to He-Man.

Kevin Martinell said...

Very much agreed! When I was young, first watching the series on TV, I always thought that He-Man in the "I Have The Power" pose, without the stock background from the transformation, was awesome, as seen in episodes like this one, "A Beastly Sideshow," "Temple Of The Sun," and "The Witch And The Warrior." :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

mermaidliz said...

i really like this site. Yes, this transformation is one of the very unique ones. Too bad He-Man 2002 is not as good as the one of 1983-84.Wot do u think dear bustatoon?

ToonJukka said...

While it's a great info from the writers that the transformation may not last but mere seconds, I've always liked the idea of it taking all that time that we normally see.

I certainly appreciate your view on this specific transformation and it sparked lot of fun discussions between fans. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...