18 April 2007

New products...

I thought it would be interesting to showcase this page featured within the second minicomic "King of Castle Grayskull". I am particularly fond of this early advertisement as it shows that even though the Masters of the Universe action figures and minicomics were being rolled out, these particular characters were still not available to purchase! It is even more important to mention as a lot of people still believe that He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Beast Man, Teela, Mer-Man, Stratos and Zodac were all released in one wave, when this was clearly not the case...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Grimbot said...

Odd how Stratos resembles an ape.

Kevin Martinell said...

These illustrations (Like the ones on back of the action toy packages) were always some of my favorites ... I have to laugh at the image of Mer-Man, because I always thought that his sword looked like corn on the cob! :)

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Nate Baertsch said...

Gotta love those early minicomics!
And you're right, the first wave was only, He-Man, Skeletor, Beastman and Man-At-Arms. The other four came out just a bit later, I think in the same year, but I could be wrong there, could've been 1982.

Jay Firestorm said...

It is indeed true that Teela, Stratos, Mer Man and Zodak weren't available until a 'second stage' of the first wave.

Either way, I love the old box art/minicomic illustrations, which is one reason that I love MOTUC (which is heavily influenced by them) so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...