22 June 2007

Man-At-Arms' servants!

The Ladybird book "Castle Grayskull Under attack!" features some interesting little characters that work for Man-At-Arms called Nerlins. The book refers to the characters as Man-At-Arms' "servants", which seems like he has somehow enslaved them. And in the accompanying illustrations they appear to be doing all of the work while Man-At-Arms and Stratos simply watch. Honestly, I was never too keen on Man-At-Arms having servants...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Mosquitor said...

Yes, the Nerlins were definitely one of the more curious aspects of the Ladybird books... it never quite made much sense to me that Man-At-Arms would have servants; I preferred the Skelcons, Skeletor's slaves... I always suspected the Nerlins were colored green to match the color of Man-At-Arms' suit...

Kevin Martinell said...

The poor guy on the bottom left looks so sad. :(

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Jay Firestorm said...

I always kind of imagined that the Nerlins were highly skilled designers / mechanics / etc. that Man-At-Arms visited maybe once or twice per year with guides to build his most complex new creations. They weren't perfect, but I'd rather these than some of the irritating little people in other areas of the MOTU universe (*cough*WIDGETS*cough*).

But one thing I did like in the Ladybird books was Skeletor's Skelcons. I loved their design, and how their colour scheme reflected Skeletor's own. I always wanted them to turn up in other MOTU material, even in the Filmation cartoon itself.
Beast Man and Mer Man also had their own followers, which was pretty cool.

TheW40 said...

They look kinda like they could be related to Moss Man . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...