19 July 2007

Skull throne.

Here is a strong illustration from one of the many Masters of the Universe coloring books that were published in the eighties. Usually Skeletor's throne is a pretty grim construction of bone, but on this occasion his throne is constructed from actual skulls that appear to be human like in appearance! I was never too keen on the coloring book illustrations, but this is one piece I would love to see professionally colored and sitting proudly as the front cover of a comic book!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

8 comments:

Mosquitor said...

Wow... I thought I had all the coloring books as a kid, but I am pretty sure I have never seen that picture before!

Grimbot said...

Why does he have Batmans insignia?

skeletorrobo said...

the original toy (and battle armour variant) had the bat symbol on them. A vestige of the Horde allegiance unrealized by the original designers?

Kevin Martinell said...

It would be difficult for me to keep a straight face if I were the one sitting upon such a throne! :)

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

HB Potlood said...

That Skeletor is so vain, sitting on an entire throne based on his own face. On the other hand, Earth dictators are wont to do that as well.

Aldebaran said...

That throne looks rather uncomfortable. In fact Skeletor looks as if he says: "Gah! Help me get up! I am slipping!"

LJM said...

Actually kind of eerie thinking about Skeletor being a headshrinker and just casually killing villagers to use their skulls for a throne. Now got visions running through my head of him skinning Beast-Man alive to make a fur coat for Evil-Lyn during the winter...

Geret said...

I hope that MOTUC release a throne like this to proudly sit Skeletor! I often wondered who LIVED at Snake Mountain vs who just came there to serve Skeletor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...