05 September 2007

Happy Birthday He-Man #11 - Iron versus stone!

As a child this was one of my favorite illustrations from the Ladybird book "The Iron Master". I love the level of detail showing Ram Man, Stratos and Teela firing their weapons at the Iron Master who is bearing down on Castle Grayskull, and the resulting explosions look extremely cool, too! Looking at this image, the Iron Master would have made an extremely cool character in the Filmation cartoon...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Love the fireworks effects, the starry sky, and the bright greens of Castle Grayskull! :)

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Aldebaran said...

I remember as a kid I really loved the sparks and stuff. I looked so realistic to me back then. And I like how Castle Grayskull really resembles its toy counterpart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...