05 September 2007

Happy Birthday He-Man #18 - For me!

Here are two fantastic panels by Bruce Timm for the minicomic "Snake Attack!" The shadows in the first panel are truly amazing and explain to some extent why Tung Lashor mistakes Skeletor for King Hiss. The interesting thing about this minicomic is that Bruce Timm illustrates Skeletor with the gauntlets around his wrist and forearm. This minicomic was easily Bruce Timm's most Jack Kirby-inspired work...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Louis said...

Bruce Rocked MOTU!...Would love to see him tackle a cartoon...

Kevin Martinell said...

Also amusing to see that Skeletor's face is partly shadowed, after he reveals himself to the Snake Men. :)

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Brett said...

I can't help but laugh at Skeletor in that throne--how Emperor Palpatine of him. And while I enjoyed this issue, I did think that the bit about King Hsss going to rest was a bit weak.

Cult Posters said...

I need those minicomics in high resolution... please James! You're my only hope...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...