23 September 2007

The Sand Demons?

As you can see in this image, the original design of the Sand Demons from the He-Man season one episode "Temple of The Sun" was very different to what appeared in the final episode. As with most model redesigns the creatures that appeared in the actual episode looked much better than this design. The Sand Demons became a familiar sight during the He-Man series, so it is hard to see how this original odd-looking threat could have been taken seriously...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Dr.Tod said...

Hm the original Sand-Demon reminds my a bit to Mr.Ed from the Adams Family :)
And I although prefer the "new" Version of the Sand-Demons.

Kevin Martinell said...

LOL :) That's funny! I agree with you, James. :)

For me, the Sand Demon that appeared in "The Witch And The Warrior" was the standout of all the sand demons, throughout the He-Man series!

Thanks for posting and reading! God Bless...

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

HB Potlood said...

Mr. Ed was in the Addams Family? Oh, I guess Dr. Tod meant Cousin Itt. Personally I always thought the Sand-Demon was a repaint of the Magma monsters from Blackstar, though I've never seen the two side by side...

Jay Demetrick said...

Woah, the version that appears in the episode looks a bit like a Lava Loc from Blackstar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...