20 September 2007

Tri-Klops is relentless!

Here is something that we unfortunately never saw in the Filmation cartoon, Tri-Klops overpowering He-Man to the ground with his swordsmanship! Yes, there was one scene where He-Man and Tri-Klops appeared evenly matched in "Diamond Ray of Disappearance", but that was just four seconds of footage! The original idea of Tri-Klops, as evident in the early minicomics, is that he was a skilled swordsman and warrior that could not be bested by many...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

A villain this powerful, who appears to be a challenge for He-Man, makes such a story unforgettable!

~KevyGuy :)
* * * * * * *

Jay Firestorm said...

I've said this a lot on the .org and other places, but I love the concept of Tri-Klops being an expert swordsman hunter.
I think it fits him so much better than the inventor role given to him in the 200x version (in my own peronsal 'Universe', I give that role to Trap Jaw).

Also, I love Tri-Klops' mini-comic costume (from early prototype sketches maybe?). Although I don't want to see MOTUC flooded with needless variants (too many bad memories of thatin 200x), I wouldn't mind seeing a version being released with this costume.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...