20 March 2009

Monsters! Magic! Mystery!

Here is an advert that appeared in the UK Princess of Power special. The artwork is, well, unique, putting it kindly. The artist of this piece throughout the years of the UK He-Man and She-Ra comics would draw in a variety of styles, and I have to say I do not believe this to be one of his better illustrations. Though I am not too keen on He-Man, especially his face, I do like the dynamics of this piece, with She-Ra posed to good effect, even if the Sword of Protection is missing the jewel.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

3 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

She-Ra looks absolutely gorgeous here! I don't like the ultra-thick look of her sword, though ... Looks like it got flattened by the Attack Trak. :) He-Man has an expression similar to actor Bill Hader, as seen in some of his "Saturday Night Live" skits! Thanks for reading! God Bless!

~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Ken said...

I love the both of them.... He-man and She-ra were my favorite cartoons as a kid!

HB Potlood said...

Man, that grin on He-Man is a bit too smarmy. Makes you wonder if the contents of the comic they're promoting might be a bit dubious. And how is She-Ra balancing on his gauntlet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...