11 March 2009

Teela held captive!

Poor Teela. Here is an interesting illustration from the 1986 Masters of the Universe annual showing Skeletor holding Teela captive. I was never a big fan of these painted illustrations that appeared in the first few UK annuals, but as I got older I began to realize that they were just as good as the images found in the animated series. The only thing that I am not too keen on in this image is Panthor's face; something does not seem right...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Yes, Busta, I know ... Panthor's snout looks more like a horse's, to me! Skeletor's expression is classic here, with that "Aha" look on his face. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!

~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

HB Potlood said...

Well at least Skeletor let Teela ride Panthor up front. He-Man never allowed her to do that on Battle Cat.

Tyler Baker said...

WOW thats an awesome piece!! First thing I noticed was how fearsome Panthor looks! Wouldn't mind seem him attack He-Man by himself! Skeletor looks to be relishing his capture and taunting him so well!!

Geret said...

I like this image... but Skeletor sort of looks like he's wearing rubber boots and rubber gloves. The lack of detail on them cheapens them for me.

joseephus said...

Skeletor really loves trying to get Teela all the time doesn't he? And Panthor's face just looks so flat like the artist copied a picture of a cat looking straigh ahead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...