22 February 2010

Glimmer writes a letter...

Once again, here we have another illustration by Geoff Senor from the She-Ra Ladybird book "Catra's Ice Palace". While I do like the poses for both Adora and Glimmer, like previous entries this illustration demonstrates that whilst Geoff Senior may have been the greatest artist on the UK Transformers comic, his artwork was not best suited for She-Ra. I find it hard to criticize his artwork, because to me Geoff Senior was the one Transformers artist I worship!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Love the hairstyles on the women, here. :) I like how this artwork manages to feature all the colors of the rainbow, as many illustrations featured here have already done! The mirror in the background kind of looks like the Moon Mirror from the "He Ain't Heavy" episode. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

vollsticks said...

DuuuuuuuDE geoff Fuckin' senior what more can I say?! I grew up with his artwork--in gamebooks, in comics....anyone remember Dragon's Claws, a series from Marvel UK presented in a US-size comic? My god that was amazing. I hope Mr. Senior's still working, a true under-recognised and unsung hero of British comics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...