25 October 2010

1989/1990?

One of the first questions I was asked when I began producing cereal:geek magazine was why I included the nineties cartoon The New Adventures of He-Man. Fortunately I was well prepared for that answer. Even though much of the series was dated 1990, the first few episodes of the series were actually produced in 1989, and as you can see below actually carry that date. That was enough of a reason to include this cartoon in cereal:geek. After all, how could I not include a He-Man cartoon in a magazine I produce?!


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

4 comments:

Mosquitor said...

I've always found it odd how Nocturna, Vizar and Kayo appear in the establishing shot of the heroes in the intro to every NA episode, when their roles in the show were so minimal as to be almost non-existent. It would imply they would be regular characters, when in fact we would see more of characters like Tuskador, Artilla and Sagitar.

James Eatock aka Busta Toons said...

Aidan, in an upcoming Blog post I'll be addressing exactly the same point you make here - The only problem is that the post won't appear on this Blog until January 22nd 2012...

And yes, I said 2012 - That's how far ahead I have these posts scheduled! :)

Kevin Martinell said...

If you include one of the He-Man cartoons, you may as well include them all ... That's reason enough. :) He-Man's got the "James Bond" pose going on, here!
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

David Monid said...

Oh yes you need to make sure that the show started in 1989, before adding it to Cereal:Geek. :)

Of course the whole thing was concieved in 1989, but to some many have find this revival was too soon after thelast seris, but I do like the adventures of He-Man in space personally. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...