08 June 2010

Mer-Man dies?!

During the Mike Young Masters of the Universe episode "Rise Of The Snake Men" Part 1 we see the Evil Warriors completely overpowered by the Snake Men. In one of the most shocking scenes Mer-Man is turned to stone by Snake Face and subsequently falls to the floor where he breaks into many pieces. It is apparent that at this moment in the series Mer-Man actually dies! I am always impressed by this scene because never did I think that this series would attempt something quite so daring. Fortunately for Mer-Man, Skeletor resurrects him in the following episode...


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

4 comments:

Brett said...

Your use of the word "shocking" is BEYOND appropriate here--I remember watching that for the first time and not only gasping, but getting a bit teary-eyed. I was stunned that they would throw-away a legacy character! (And then, I was equally stunned by the seemingly laissez-faire way Skeletor brought him back!)

Tyler Baker said...

I was totally convinced that when I watched this episode that Mer-Man was going to be the one who died, which I thought was very ballsy but instead brought back to life in one of the most lackluster episodes of the series!

Vinto-Man said...

Poor Mer-Man. I would have rather this happened to Stinkor who i really could not take to at all! although mer-man did bring out that big fish, so its fair enough :)

joseephus said...

I could not believe they actually killed off someone in the toon. But it did show the power of Skeletor who brought him back to life with barely no effort at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...