17 July 2010

Evil-Lyn's hair homage.

The season two Masters of the Universe episode "The Price of Deceit" by Mike Young Productions became an instant fan favorite when it aired. Larry DiTillio wanted to make the episode reflect a great deal of his original Filmation material, and at one point the episode was supposed to feature a cameo by Shokoti. Sadly this did not come to pass, but we do see a nice tip of the hat to the original series once Evil-Lyn's headpiece is removed. Much like her appearance in the Filmation episode "The Witch and The Warrior" Evil-Lyn is shown to have short white hair.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

8 comments:

kwstas97 said...

This foto was from the masters of the universe 2002 series...It wasn't so nice and i think that the 1985 series was better

Brett said...

As I said in an earlier post on here--regarding the background image of the Pool of Shadows--this is one of my favorite episodes of the MYP series! And the homage to Evil-Lyn's Filmation hair is one of just numerous reasons why I feel this way!

Geret said...

I bought this toy from the MOTUC line but am sort of regretting it. Maybe I'm just retro, but classic Evil Lyn is more my bag.

Tyler Baker said...

One of the few times I will ever say MYP improved on filmation. I think she looks much more seductive w/ that look!

Vinto-Man said...

Larry Ditillio certainly knows how to write them. Battleground Evil-Lyn really pays homage to me in this terrificly paced episode with fantastic flashbacks!

LJM said...

Can't really explain why but discovering Evil-Lyn had short, white hair was just SO perfect...and so sexy! ;)

joseephus said...

I love the homage to her white hair just like the Filmation one. But man I really wish Shokoti would have shown up. :-)

Chris Sunday said...

Agreed! The short white hair looks great on her! Glad they paid homage to this look in the BG Evil-Lyn figure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...