09 September 2010

Memories #1 - Road Ripper?

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

On the backs of the Masters of the Universe minicomics they would list all the action figures at the bottom in bold, with a star next to some to indicate they would be "coming soon". I distinctly remember looking at the names and being incredibly puzzled by the name Road Ripper. I actually thought it was an action figure! I remember trying to figure out what kind of character Road Ripper would be. A few months later I would discover that it was a garish green vehicle with a rip cord...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Mosquitor said...

Interesting concept, a character whose special power is to rip up the road!

I suspect the parents at the time were more curious to find out what kind of figures 'Fisto' and 'Whiplash' were going to be... uh-oh, MOTU's getting kinky...

Kevin Martinell said...

James, your comments about Road Ripper made me think that if this was the title of a character, I pictured "Beletron" from "Battle of the Dragons," especially the scene where the giant robot moves by wheels!
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Vinto-Man said...

I never knew this existed. only figure i could think could be road ripper would be Dragstor but the road ripper was kinda cool, not a patch on the dragon walker!

David Monid said...

I guess if it wasen't going to be a vehicle; Road Ripper could have bvery well been Dragster of the Evil Horde, LOL. :D

That leaves me wondering why Mattel never merged He-Man and friends with vehicle based armour that made them actually move by winding them up or using friction of some kind.

Muscle Motor He-Man vs. Mechanical Menace Skeletor; who will be king of gthe road?

Easy Optimus Prime of course? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...