11 September 2010

Memories #2 - Moss Man leapt over a fence!

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

I was the first kid in my class to have a Moss Man action figure, and yes, he still smelt of luscious pine. One lunch time we were playing with Moss Man in the school's playing fields, specifically near the trees and shrubbery, because, of course, Moss Man could naturally camouflage himself amongst all that greenery! At one point my "friend" decided to see how high he could throw Moss Man. Unfortunately he threw Moss Man up in the air at an angle. Subsequently my new action figure ended up going over a fence and into the garden of one of the houses that backed onto the school. I sadly never saw Moss Man again...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

7 comments:

Mosquitor said...

My Grandma bought me my Moss Man figure. We kept hiding him in the plants around her garden to see who could find him first! Eventually he got lost and wound up in my Great-Grandma's house plant!

MOTU Portugal said...

If I had such a friend I would beat the crap out of him!!

Kevin Martinell said...

Sorry to hear. :( Makes you want to lock your action toys safely away in a safe, from now on!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Bravo said...

I wound up with two Moss Men. One came from a close-out store in a cardboard box with line art of him and...either Sy-Klone or Roboto. I foolishly opened the set even though I had both characters. I think the mailer-style-box is hard to find.

Vinto-Man said...

How many figures did you lose? I vaguely remember playing with my figures down the street and we were both amazed by the smell that Stinkor had. both of us just kept smelling him!

Daniel Quintero said...

2 Things... I will give you a mossman!!

2nd I naver had that figure.... and allways want it!!

David Monid said...

Wow that was a sad little tale. Seriously I pray for the day when kid's can look after each others toys properily without breaking or loosing them.

Needless to say I had a Clawfull that almost got broken, but fortunately it wasen't, but I had a Battle Armour He-Man with achewed up hand, thanks to yours truily, yeah I must have been 3 or something and was putting things in the mouth like any child would, much tio the dismay of poor Battle Armoutr He-Man. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...