15 September 2010

Memories #4 - Queen Marlena figure?

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

I remember being in school one day in 1984 and we were lining up to go into class. Back then the Masters of the Universe toy craze was ridiculous; it was all the kids talked about! One kid in the line was remarking to the others that he owned a Queen Marlena action figure. All the other kids called him a liar, but part of me wanted to believe him. They never made a Queen Marlena figure, but as we know, King Randor would appear, much to the surprise many of us...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

6 comments:

Mosquitor said...

I remember classmates of mine telling lies about imaginary figures. I was fooled by this kid who told me there was a Horde Prime action figure that was extra-large in size and shot sparks from the mouth! I wasn't too pleased when I found out he was lying, as I'd gone as far as to tell my Mum to look out for it in the shops!

Kevin Martinell said...

Yeah, would have been nice. I was just thinking of the possibility for a would-have been "two-fer" action toy set ... One of Queen Marlena in her regular attire and the other in her astronaut suit. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

HB Potlood said...

I have an old Dutch Motu toy pamflet to which I somehow glued an extra page so I could ad a list of action figures I wanted to see. Topping the list were the Sorceress, Randor and Marlena, the royal guards, and of course, Lizard Man.

Vinto-Man said...

King randor is still a figure that i cannot get and if Queen Marlena did come out then, i think the king and queen would have been two of the most elusive figures for myself!

Chris Sunday said...

I always heard rumors as a kid of Queen Marlena. Some saying she existed. Kind of like some thought that they made a Adora figure. Never understood why they didn't make her? But at least now we have her in the MOTUC line.

David Monid said...

I said it once and I'll say it again; it's a pity they never made a Queen Marlena action figure.

That kid who supposed had one, probably had a repainted Sorcerees with blonde hair or something? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...