04 October 2010

Memories #11 - I'm looking for...

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

If you were to search the Internet, after a while you may eventually find one of the old Masters of the Universe newsletters that Adam Tyner used to send out. When the fan community was small back in late 1995 Adam asked we fans to contribute to the newsletter. The first thing I ever contributed was a question to the other fans with regards to an episode of the Filmation series. At that point none of us knew how many episodes comprised the series. I had an audio tape in my possession on which I had recorded the last few minutes of "Into the Abyss". And so, my question to the community was to ask if anyone had an episode called "The Abyss" on VHS; I went on to mention the dramatic transformation of which I could still recall the visuals. Obviously I could only remember part of the episode title though...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Every time I sit and watch this version of the transformation, I get such a rush and feeling of excitement from it! Definitely one of the best takes on Adam to He-Man in this one. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Steve Thomas said...

Hi,
Nice blog. I can remember coming home from school and grabbing some peanut butter on bread and sitting down to watch He-Man.
Sorry to post this in the comments, but I couldn't fine any contact info for you. I was wondering if you could post a blog entry about some art I did inspired by He-Man. It's a concert-style poster. Check it out:
http://stevethomasart.blogspot.com/2010/10/cartoon-concert-posters.html

Thanks,
Steve

Vinto-Man said...

I wonder what we would do now with the aid of the internet and finding out this information. Thankfully we have all the episodes unlike Doctor Who and can share with future generations!

David Monid said...

You recorded audio too, ah that takes me back to the days when I had a Tiger Talkboy with me at all times, LOL. :D

It's great though to have a guy who was aiding He-Mna fans who was called Adam, since we all know w hy ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...