10 October 2010

Memories #13 - Stinkor in She-Ra's movie?!

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

I remember when my mother took me to see "The Secret of the Sword" at the cinema upon its release; there was actually an act break of sorts. As She-Ra, having just revealed herself to be He-Man's sister, flies towards the Whispering Woods on Swift Wind the curtains actually drew across the screen. Of course this was a suggestion that all we kids go for a bathroom break! During the break I remember one kid saying that Stinkor was going to be in the movie. Even back then I professed to be a know-it-all about Masters of the Universe and declared that Stinkor would not appear in this movie because he will never appear in the cartoon. Not entirely sure why I believed that to be the case, but it turned out I was right...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Mosquitor said...

You must have been psychic, James! Very interesting how you just 'knew' Stinkor would never be in the cartoon; there must have been some telepathic bond between you and the Filmation staff!

I was always convinced Stinkor was going to be in the cartoon, because I remember that time around 1986 when Two Bad, Spikor, Moss Man etc. started showing up in the show and thought Stinkor would appear at any moment. Long after the show finished I always believed Stinkor must have been in the show and I just missed the episode, right up until 1998 when you yourself told me he'd never appeared!

And an amusing memory of my own: I saw SOTS about 3 times in the cinema, but one time the movie stopped in the middle for an interval. But it stopped right in the middle of a sentence, during He-Man's line "The woman in the sword?" So we saw He-Man say "The woman in the s..." then it just cut off, and the second part began with the completion of the word, "...ord?" It was so bizarre!

Kevin Martinell said...

Ha, ha! :) It would be interesting if Stinkor were a member of the Horde! Since the face of the action toy looked just like Mer-Man, with different colors, it would have been amusing to see how the character design may have translated over to the Filmation cartoon. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Vinto-Man said...

That is quite a scary memory that you somehow knew that Stinkor (thankfully) would not appear in the cartoon or the film. You put that kid...or adult in their place :)

Geret said...

Wonder why he never appeared in the cartoon. He should have. My favourite 200X episodes are the episodes that good 'ol Stinkor was in.

David Monid said...

I think deep down inside you knew that the 'Master of Odurs' would not really appeal to the animators and writing staff, so yeah you had awsome foresight, at least when it came to MOTU.

What, they actually paused it and closed the curtains, blasphemy! If Secret of the Sword does get shown in cinemas again (hopefully not in gimmicky 3-D) then they'll be no ineruptions, an autism friendly screening sure with the sound not so loud, but no interuptions! :D If I miss anything, it wuldn't be a big deal as I know what would happen all ready. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...