22 October 2010

Memories #18 - See him fall!

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

It is amazing what memories the brain will hold in place for a number of years. As I have explained before, in the UK the He-Man series only aired twice on terrestrial television; so if you missed an episode the first time around and did not have the opportunity to catch the rerun, chances are you would not see it at all. I managed to record about seventy-something episodes from terrestrial television, so all I had of other episodes were brief memories of certain scenes from watching them the first time around! For years I had the memory of a villain falling out of a building and towards the camera. Twelve years later during my tape trading with Scott White I watched the episode "The Defection" and there was the sequence I so distinctly remembered!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

2 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Those moments are hilarious! I also get a kick out of the one soldier who slips on the marbles that Orko creates ... It looks like he runs past the camera when he loses his balance. :) I think the "falling" thing also happens with one of the Ape Men from "The Time Corridor."
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

David Monid said...

Help, I'm falling!!!!!

And this is usually where He-Man would save the villian from certain doom, since let's face it, he's that kind of a guy and that's whyhe's one the strongest man in the universe, not just with physical strength, but strength of character as well, as wel all know. ;)

At least you eventually found out what episode you saw, it was a bit like with me and certain She-Ra episodes I saw. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...