24 October 2010

Memories #19 - "James Eatock, you are not He-Man!"

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, both the toys and the cartoon, were huge at our school. We were all running around back then shouting out "I have the power!" I remember though at one point the teacher actually saying to me "James Eatock, you are not He-Man!" This became an infamous joke-quote in the Eatock household for a good few years. I would like to visit that teacher and show her how creatively fulfilling and financially profitable my life has been thanks to my love for all things He-Man and She-Ra! Heck, my association with both series earned me a place on Wikipedia! Take that, teacher! :)

5 comments:

Mosquitor said...

He-Man was still pretty big when I started primary school, but by the time I was in the middle infants in 1987, MOTU was dying out, I had just changed school and quickly became known as the #1 He-Man obsessive in the school. I would write loads of He-Man stories in class and bring a different action figure into school every day! As my classmates had all moved on to other things I was the only person I knew who collected the later figures like Blast-Attak and Scare Glow.

My teacher at the time was very enthusiastic about my interest in He-Man and how it fuelled my creativity, and she became quite knowledgeable about the characters through my stories and the action figures I'd bring in each day! She would always make reference to He-Man even in my later primary school years, and I don't think she'd be surprised at all to find I'm still just as much into He-Man now and have contributed to so many websites!

Kevin Martinell said...

Still, it's quite an honour to have both your name and the name "He-Man" expressed in the same statement, James! :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

mermaidliz said...

Go James! That should teach her!
lol

David Monid said...

You should feel proud to have an entry on Wikipedia, of which from time to time I like to edit with the most recent information. ;)

Not everyone can honestily say that their love of cartoons would bring them a steady income..ish, you're certanly one of the lucky ones, James. :)

Vinto-Man said...

That would be truly hilarious to see the look on your teachers face as you have certainly devoted your time to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. this is something we are all thankful for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...