26 October 2010

Memories #20 - Drawing He-Man at school.

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

As I said previously, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, both the toys and the cartoon, were huge at our school. Every morning of every day of the week we had to write a story and illustrate what we had done the evening before, or at the weekend. I remember drawing numerous He-Man-related illustrations on Tuesday mornings having seen an episode of He-Man on the Monday evening before. I remember I drew a scene from "The Shaping Staff" with Prince Adam reaching for the Sword of Power as he prepares to transform into He-Man in his bedroom. I also vaguely recall drawing a scene looking through Tri-Klops' rotating visor as seen in "The Royal Cousin". The funny thing is I remember I had issues with drawing hands at the time and I illustrated Prince Adam with a lot of fingers! I also remember one kid in the class was always drawing Zoar, because he had recently purchased the toy...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Awesome! I love the way the sword came out and your choice of warm colors for the energy against the blue background. :) This is just like the color scheme used in the comics ... Great job, Sir!
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Mosquitor said...

The drawings I did of He-Man when I was in the infant classes at school were hilarious. I would always draw He-Man with a huge smile on his face while fighting Skeletor! I wrote He-Man stories that would fill my entire writing book, they were pretty lengthy and detailed, and very funny to read now! I'll try to scan them some time!

mermaidliz said...

A few months ago I run across a picture I had drawn of She-Ra back when I was 10yrs old. Gosh..the memories..! Seeing your uploaded pic kinda moved me...

David Monid said...

Now that is some impressive artwork, even from a six year old. I'm afraid I never really expressed myself through art much, thank goodness for blogs like this one. :D

You've certanly got the poses right and I liked the way you added flashes to give Adam/He-Man's transformation that extra bit of flair to make the picture stand out.

Vinto-Man said...

This is great! I wish i was talented when it comes to drawing but alas i never have been. My sister a few years ago actually made me a He-Man birthday card, was very impressed!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...