08 November 2010

Memories #23 - Summer morning re-runs.

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

As I have said before the He-Man series was only ever shown twice on terrestrial television. When the series was repeated it was pretty much always shown during the school holidays, which meant we had an episode for every day of the week Monday through Friday; something other countries were already quite familiar with! My favorite batch of reruns occurred when I left junior school, as we were treated to four weeks of He-Man episodes at 9.25 in the morning. This was actually when I began to record a lot of episodes onto VHS, as I never had a chance to record them the first time around. Funnily enough during the last week of school ITV had already begun to show the series once again, but I missed the first two days of episodes. I managed to catch the Wednesday episode "Ordeal in the Darklands" just by chance when I had the day off school. The same day my brother Gary came around and we had a big battle involving all the action figures. More on the big battles in the next memories post. I remember coming home from my last day of junior school on Friday the 22nd July 1988 and watching "Masks of Power"...


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

3 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

"Masks of Power" was memorable to me because it featured the "Rarely Seen Adam" moment that you featured in a post from September 2007. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

mermaidliz said...

A personal memory: the Masks oF power were one of the few He-Man eps that I caught on tv back in the 90s. I remember how the masks reminded me of old Egyptian relics :)

David Monid said...

You must be refering to when the show was aired on CITV summer mornings, those were some good times.

Oh how I miss Jeanne Downs and Scally, though Tommy Boyd was a great presenter too from 1991-early 1993.

I remember when we had double She-Ra on Mondays, once on CITV Summer Mornings and then again in the afternoon (albeit a different episode from the morning broadcast). I recalled the episodes 'Magicats' and 'Flowers For Hordak' airing in the mornings and perhaps 'Black Snow' was as well. I recall one Monday afternoon they broadcasted 'Jungle Fever'. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...