10 November 2010

Memories #24 - Big battles!

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

As a kid playing with the Masters of the Universe figures was pretty straightforward. In the early stages of buying the toys I would recreate the stories I saw in the early minicomics. Then when the cartoon began to air the characters took on a new lease of life. My older brother Gary made playing with the Masters of the Universe figures something special. Basically he and I would combine the Masters of the Universe figures with the Remco figures of Warlord and the Warrior Beasts. The decision was always made that these characters were no longer He-Man characters. My brother would divide up the characters into groups, but not groups that we were used to, but new groups entirely. For example he would pair up characters that had a certain look to them; so Fisto, Jitsu, and Trap Jaw were part of a "pirate gang". Eventually we would declare war and then all the characters would fight for literally about one to two hours! In the end only one character would be left standing, and rarely if ever was it He-Man...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

mermaidliz said...

"Rarely - if ever - was it He-Man": So...he didn't have the power?? Shame on you guys ;-) I do approve of how you grouped up figures into Pirate gangs et al. It must have been a great way to organize awesome fights between them! I don't know why but for some reason I'd often team up Barbie and She-Ra and although the latter was a shorter figure, she'd always win the fight :)

Kevin Martinell said...

Those "wars" were a lot of fun ... At the time, it was me, my brother, and a classmate of mine, and we would combine the He-Man action toys with others that we had, like "GI JOE" and "Thundercats!" We also had a couple of "generic" action toys about the same size as the He-Man ones! We had lots of fun but the battle was over with all too quickly. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

David Monid said...

The Sorceres: Quickly classic Masters figures. We must stop New Space Skeletor, before he makes his grand transformation to Face In A TV err I mean Discs of Doom Skeletor.

Prince Adam: huff, puff, I'm climbing as high as I can Sorceres, (under his breath) I knew I should have transformed before climbing up this thing.

Space Skeletor: Ha, ha, how, woo, wah, haa, haa, haaa! You cannot possibly hope to stop me. Any of you! I am atop this shelving unit and none of you are powerfull enough to stop me. Why don't you call She-Ra and Swift Wind for help..oh wait you can't you never purchised them. HAAA HaA HA!

Oh I'll bet those are some very fond memories, I love this photo. :)

Vinto-Man said...

Lovely how Trap-Jaw was part of the pirate group. Was this before he sported his pirate get up in the cartoon?

Daniel Quintero said...

My castle looked a lot like yours... actually were all my blankets together and those were mountains and caves!!

My Masters Figures were allways miex up with my Mini Thundercats and my only 3 GI Joes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...