17 November 2010

Memories #26 - First He-Man figure!

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

Amazingly I have photographic evidence of my first Masters of the Universe action figure. I always tend to forget that I actually started buying the toys prior to the animated series airing in September of 1983. For some reason I took my first action figure, He-Man, on holiday in early 1983 when my family and I went to a wedding. Here is a photo that is a part of the family photo album; I kid you not!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

8 comments:

mermaidliz said...

omg, that's so cute!!! You like like such a nice little kid,too - all happy in the company of your family and He-Man. Too bad I don't have any photos like that with my She-Ra doll back in '89

Kevin Martinell said...

"Young Busta" looks like he's about to do a moral message segment along with our hero. :) Excellent photo, Sir. :)
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Tyler Baker said...

He-Man and Skeletor were my first intro to the entire series...and like your pic, I spent most of my childhood w He-Man armorless. I still have my original He-Man, w a new harness on him!

David Monid said...

And just like many of the figures we all had, hehas no chest piece or weapons, but keeps his furry pantson. :D

Oh my, yes, yes that is certanly you in that photograph, I guess it's the shape of your eyes which give you away. ;)

Vinto-Man said...

I actually have a photo of me wearing some "sporty" shades with Battlecat and He-Man in my hands and a photo of my sister in front of the TV with Ram-Man on it! Think youve seen that one James

Joni Koivisto said...

My first figures were He-Man and Evil-Lyn back in Christmas 1987. All in all, I think I had something like 4-6 vintage He-Man figures during my childhood as they tend to broke in my plays.

Geret said...

Love it! Do you have an area where fans (like us!) can send our own "little kid" pictures of ourselves with our He-Man gear! One of my favourites is me opening up Snake Mountain at my 7th Birthday. Classic!

Daniel Quintero said...

That's actually the same face i saw when you were at Power-Con!!

It's so nice to remember that kind of stuff! for a weird reason i dont have any picture of me playing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...