27 November 2010

Memories #29 - That's what I call timing...

In an effort to make a note of all my He-Man and She-Ra childhood memories I've decided that every once in a while I will make reference to them here! There is no particular order to these; just amusing little anecdotes from years gone by.

My parents would take me on holiday once a year, but I was always concerned whether or not I would miss an episode of He-Man. One time in particular I remember being worried that we would not make it home in time to see the latest episode. My brother Shaun had already started recording the episode when we arrived home, but the episode was already more than halfway through. Amazingly when I switched on the television I was greeted by the image of Prince Adam stood in front of Eternia's two moons preparing to raise the Sword of Power. Yes, I somehow timed my arrival to coincide with one of the greatest moments in the history of the cartoon!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Mosquitor said...

Was the episode "Into the Abyss" by any chance?

I always dreaded missing an episode of He-Man as my family never had a video recorder until Christmas '88. I virtually never missed the show though, yet one afternoon my Mum and I arrived home slightly late and I had missed the beginning of "Origin of the Sorceress". All I'd missed was the opening sequence, yet I threw an absolute tantrum because of it! Whenever that episode is mentioned I still think of that first viewing, when I was so upset at just having missed the all-too familiar intro sequence!

Kevin Martinell said...

Talk about fate! Must have been some kind of pumped-up adrenaline rush going through you when you first saw this, James. :)
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Cosmic Falcon said...

That scene is such a gorgeous shot of Prince Adam too! :)

David Monid said...

It's like CITV knew you were coming and planned that moment to air, just as you came through the door to hear 'By the power of Greyskull'!

Better to be greeted by the genuine article, then Round the Bend's parody version, as explaineed in another comment. LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...