07 December 2010

Colonel Blast stripped!

The Masters of the Universe figure Rio-Blast did not have a huge fan base. In fact, many people I speak to still refuse to acknowledge the character, and believe him to be out of place. So in a way, this post is for those people that dislike Rio-Blast. In the She-Ra season one episode "The Wizard", Colonel Blast, who was of course based on the early conceptual design for Rio-Blast, is defeated in battle in the most humiliating way...


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

7 comments:

Mosquitor said...

I really hate that shot. It makes a fool of a villain who, while not particularly memorable, had a pretty decent design. "The Wizard" is IMO the worst episode of She-Ra by far.

Grimbot said...

Remove cowboy aspect of Rio and VOILA! He's not out of place anymore.

Stewart Cook said...

I had absolutely no idea that nobody liked Rio Blast??! I loved the toy as a kid.

*sad face

HB Potlood said...

Is that so? I always thought Rio Blast was a cool figure. Much more interesting looking than Extendar and Snout Spout and with more hidden weapons and 'points of articulation' than probably any other figure in the line.

Kevin Martinell said...

This was my favorite/most hilarious part of the episode for me! Who would have thought? :) He would have never survived the explosion of the backfire, if that was for real!
Thanks for reading! God Bless!
~"KevyGuy" :)
* * * * * * *

Brett said...

Rio Blast remains my absolute most hated MOTU character--no offense to those who like him--so I was overjoyed to see this post, LOL!

Vinto-Man said...

I never ever liked Tom Selleck as a cowboy in the MOTU line. great to see this shot and would Rio Blast fare well?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...