09 March 2011

Golden Book transformation!

Here is a striking illustration from the Masters of the Universe Golden Book "Time Trouble" by Luis Eduardo Barreto featuring Prince Adam and Cringer transforming into their other selves! I love the way in which Cringer is illustrated to look like the Filmation character model, but with a lot more expression and freedom in his pose. And Prince Adam's strong pose as he calls upon the power of Castle Grayskull is very impressive. When the Golden Book stories were turned into limited animation videos by the same company, this scene was often used to show the transformation taking place!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

9 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Love the "Whiplash" green used for Cringer! I can't help but think of the professional wrestler from the 1990s, "The Ultimate Warrior," when I look at Prince Adam in this pose! Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Daniel Quintero said...

Nice look.. cringer its "hanging in there"... That Scardly cat!!

Great Piece off work

Tyler Baker said...

My first time seeing this image was in the Golden book vhs tapes. It was the last episode on the tape and definitely one of the most memorable images from all 4 books that were on there. Adam look incredible...his facial expression says it all, that he's ready for battle! Just awesome!

LJM said...

Until just now I had literally ZERO idea limited animation He-Man videos even existed! Time to get eBaying, methinks...

Fabian said...

This is an impressive piece of art. The power and aura of the transformation is very evident in the piece. You can see the power coursing through Prince Adam as he changes into He-Man

Go Green at Battin said...

It looks like Adam is in pain as he becomes he-man.

Kelly

joseephus said...

I like how the power transforms them both at the same time.

Chris (He-Fan) said...

WOW, that is a stunning image! I've never seen this before but absolutely love it, did we ever get to see the finished shot of Adam transformed into He-Man? :)

Chris Sunday said...

I had this book! Loved this picture in it! I remember going to a book store and seeing them and I picked this one. Wish I still had it! It got tossed when my parents were cleaning the basement in our old home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...