07 April 2011

Why is Gepple my favorite?

The first time I saw Gepple in "A New Beginning", the first episode of The New Adventures of He-Man, I hated him. Alongside the other scientists he seemed to be the most annoying one of all; especially with his, at-times, shrill voice. However, as the series progressed, Gepple soon became my favorite of the scientists. He was the least likely to take credit for something, and by far the most endearing. This may have something to do with the starring role he played in "Crack in the World", in which he is the only scientist to leave his ego behind and work with He-Man in order to save Primus from destruction! Halfway through the series Gepple and Alcon become the only two scientists used on a regular basis; their friendship and bickering working to the series' advantage. Gepple would ultimately become my favorite in "The Guns of Nordor" an action-packed episode in which he uses both his cleverness and wit numerous times to win the day. Now, when is that Gepple action figure coming out?


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Mosquitor said...

The scientist I really despise is Alcon. By far the worst voice ever and a genuinely dislikable character. Though I find the scientists completely pointless anyway, by far the worst idea in the NA.

Kevin Martinell said...

Very much agreed ... Alcon was a close second, for my favorites, but I can't even remember the other two, as the series progressed! I guess it's because the personalities of both Gepple and Alcon were developed much better than the others. Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Tyler Baker said...

I agree with your thoughts on Gepple. If he had been established as the only scientist, I would appreciate him as a supporting character. But the scientists are the only thing I dislike about NA.

Buzz Chuck said...

I'm not a fan of the scientists. I like Orko, and they serve a similar role, but having three of them bickering all the time really grates on my nerves.

David Monid said...

LOl, if Gepple did have an action figure made, I can imagibe he'll be the same size as Orko or Kowl. :D

I do agree with what you said about him in 'Crack In The World', I thought it was a nice touch that although he felt sorry for himself for not winning the 'Mind ofthe Millenniumk' award earlier, he put he's own feelings aside to help out, mind you though if he didn't Primus would have been destroyed and I doubt Flogg would have been too happy with Skeletor about that as I'm sure he actually wanted a whole planet to conquer. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...