13 June 2011

Melog model madness!

Here is a beautifully illustrated turnaround of the Melog, the creature that appeared in the season one She-Ra episode "Enemy With My Face". I was always a fan of the Melog's design, because I think that Filmation managed to strike the correct balance between an unthinking, destructive creature, and the softness of the female physique. I thought the way in which the creature's hair was illustrated to look like heavy lumps of mud was a stroke of genius! It is a shame that the Melog became human at the end of the episode, because as a recurring villain it would have stolen the show!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Pretty face. I like how she has a little more muscle to her compared to someone like Glimmer, but still has an attractive and feminine look about her. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Fabian said...

There could have been lots of interesting ways for Melog to appear in the show. I have to agree that she would have made some easily enjoyable and memorable appearances in the show.

Geret said...

It's almost like Clayface (from Batman) in drag!! Also wish she has stuck around in Etheria...

Chris (He-Fan) said...

I also love the character of the Melog - I wonder whether it was deliberate that her name is "Golem" spelled backwards - Lord of the Rings reference maybe?? :)

joseephus said...

I really loved the character Melog. I always wanted a figure of her and all her forms growing up, but that never happened unfortunately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...