05 July 2011

One panel transformation.

For some strange reason I have always liked this panel from the Masters of the Universe minicomic "The Stench of Evil!" Even though the art is nothing special, something about the structure of the panel showing Prince Adam transform into He-Man with a simple KABOOM! down the middle works really well! I also like the fact that the power changes from orange to a dark red, creating a link to both images within the single panel.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

5 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Great "sunset" color display with the lighting effects! I love the "Kool Aid" red tone. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Buzz Chuck said...

Adam looks kind of like Thundarr the barbarian in this comic. Mostly due ti the brown vest.

Fabian said...

Sometimes the simpliest layout drawing can have a profound effect in what the writer wants the artist to portray. This to me, is a good example of that

Vinto-Man said...

KABOOM!! what a way to show the transformation between Adam and He-Man. I see Adam also has no neck. He does have the weight of the world on his shoulders doesnt he?

Chris (He-Fan) said...

I always liked this panel too - although my best memory of this mini-comic was how, for several YEARS after I got it, it carried on smelling of Moss Man's pine scent! For some reason, this made it one of my favourites!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...