03 November 2011

Adam's shield?

A while back in a post I showcased some image captures from the season one He-Man episode "She-Demon of Phantos" in which we see Prince Adam with the toy shield that came with the He-Man action figure. Here in all its glory is the actual model sheet for the shield. It is interesting to see the shield appear in the Filmation show, as it was never given any screen time outside of that one scene! At some point I really should put this next to the He-Man model sheet and create a somewhat "toy accurate" model sheet...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

7 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Go for it, James! If anyone can pull this off, it's you. :) A perfect "architect-like" rendering of the shield, too! This definitely wouldn't have been much trouble to make the transition to the cartoon. Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Chris (He-Fan) said...

I've often wondered why He-Man never sported a shield in the Filmation cartoon - let's face it, it would have been very useful! :) Perhaps they felt it reinforced He-Man's "Conan" roots?? :)

Buzz Chuck said...

I would have loved to have seen He-Man use his shield or Axe in the toon. Most of the characters never used their weapons due to the lack of violence.

Sebastian Vogl said...

I always wondered why they actually never seem to use any He-Man weapons for He-Man aside of his sword. It just would've seem granted to me to do a story where someone else gets ahold of the power sword, forcing He-Man use his shield and battle axe.

Brandon Benge said...

I always loved the shield in toy form. I never understood why it wasn't used more in the show. It would have been just as easy to deflect any of the thousands of laser blasts with a shield instead of the sword.

Geret said...

I was always so confused as to why He-Man came with an Ax (the toy) and then never had it in the cartoon...
PS: He's totally wearing a speedo in this picture.

joseephus said...

It's crazy how seeing little things like this get me excited. I remember watching this as a child and screaming "That's He-Man's shield!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...