01 December 2011

"Gwildor's Gamble!" #1

"Gwildor's Gamble!" from issue seventeen of the UK Masters of the Universe Adventure magazine is interesting in that it takes a movie character in Gwildor, and places him firmly in the comic continuity, which some would say is prior to the movie. This story revolves around the power of the Cosmic Key, and dare I say, would have made for a really good minicomic story to accompany the Gwildor action figure! I like the way in which the heroes casually ignore Orko's warnings in order to listen to more of Gwildor's stories. I think they have their priorities mixed up...


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

3 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Agreed, James ... Teela's comments, especially, are most unusual! Nice colors on all of the panels. :) The beginning of this story reminds me of the beginning of the "Beauty and the Beast" episode, in which Prince Adam, Teela, and Sy-Klone are listening to a story, on yet another occasion! Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

chosen1heath@me.com said...

It is a shame that the Cosmic Key that came with the toy did not look like the movie version of the Cosmic Key. On Another note, when I first saw this, I thought, Cringer really could camouflage well in Eternia!

SirBush said...

Am I correct in assuming that this story was printed AFTER the movie, James? I'm curious, though... just how often did Gwildor make appearances in the comics?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...