04 December 2011

"Gwildor's Gamble!" #2

"Gwildor's Gamble!" from issue seventeen of the UK Masters of the Universe Adventure magazine is interesting in that it takes a movie character in Gwildor, and places him firmly in the comic continuity, which some would say is prior to the movie. This story revolves around the power of the Cosmic Key, and dare I say, would have made for a really good minicomic story to accompany the Gwildor action figure! The numerous panels in which we see He-Man, Teela, and Gwildor travelling through time are wonderfully illustrated!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

3 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Too bad ... Would have liked to see the warriors face off against He-Man. :) The "time traveling" scenery reminds me of scenes from "Quest for He-Man," plus Teela is posed like she is getting a sun-tan, when the heroes are being swept away! Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

chosen1heath@me.com said...

Now tell me that this isn't "Deux Ex Machina." THe Emperor doesn't think He-Man should be the new champion, and how does He-Man deal with his verdict....He doesn't! The cosmic key comes to the rescue. This is weak story telling now to me as an adult. But I would have loved it as a kid!

SirBush said...

I used to be alright with Gwildor, but strangely - after seeing him here together with He-man and Teela - I now like him less than before. And since when did Cesar preside over bull fights? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...