11 December 2011

"Gwildor's Gamble!" #4

"Gwildor's Gamble!" from issue seventeen of the UK Masters of the Universe Adventure magazine is interesting in that it takes a movie character in Gwildor, and places him firmly in the comic continuity, which some would say is prior to the movie. This story revolves around the power of the Cosmic Key, and dare I say, would have made for a really good minicomic story to accompany the Gwildor action figure! It is amusing how Gwildor's contribution to the story ends here, with him failing to save the day!


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

4 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Gwildor reminds me of The Gate Keeper, from "The Magic Falls," when he accidentally takes the heroes to the wrong places! I'm thinking that if his phrase had a rhyme, instead of repeating the word "Time" twice, he might get to the right place (Maybe: "Wand of Time, help us to find!")!

Also, I can't help thinking of bags of Halloween candy, in the image of Orko picking up the bombs ... It must be the unusual red and yellow colors used for the bombs instead of the usual "James Bond" bomb designs. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

chosen1heath@me.com said...

That panel with Gwilor, He-Man, and Teela looks like something taken from....wait for it.....Strawberry Shortcake! You all can begin throwing hymnals at me now!

Sebastian Vogl said...

When I was a kid, that story made me like Gwildor more than the movie, actually. The illustration of him looking sad since he wasn't able to help is great!

SirBush said...

See, now I'm gonna have to dig up this magazine from somewhere and read the story (along with whatever else I find there). Ah, nostalgia.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...