13 January 2012

Bob Forward's relaxed companions.

Here is a lovingly-illustrated panel from the storyboards for the season two He-Man episode "Into the Abyss" by Bob Forward. Much like the famous transformation sequence in this episode, Robert Lamb's script did not call for this character set-up. It appears that when storyboarding this episode Bob Forward was clearly in a creative kind of mood! The best thing of all is that this panel was beautifully translated to the screen.


(click on the image to see it at full-size)

7 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Agreed! I like the "Sunday comic" style of the characters, especially Cringer upside down. :) ~"KevyGuy" :)

chosen1heath@me.com said...

I looooove this picture. It captures the essence of Adam's lazy side, which I thought he usually had a hard time pulling off. Cringer was a genuine coward, but Adam retained that sense of duty, but had to disguise it with bad acting.

Nerd said...

I think I almost prefer the story boards and their rough feel to the final art. There's a sense of something that gets lost in the clean up.

Go Green at Battin said...

I really like the relax feeling this set gives and it help make the fight between Teela and Adam that more dramatic.

Kelly

Vinto-Man said...

I love this drawing! It was great when cringer moved and Adam hits his head, one of my favourite moments! Thanks for sharing

LJM said...

Too cute! :)

SirBush said...

Meh. This kind of shot was ten a penny in the series, as far as I recall. I like character moments, but this particular one seems more like a waste of valuable episode space to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...