29 January 2012

Disappearing hearts trick.

The underappreciated season one She-Ra episode "Bow's Farewell" is one of my favorites. It features a pretty unique story which primarily takes place in Twigget Village, features an impressive set piece with She-Ra, Swift Wind, and one of Etheria's moons, and presents Bow as a valuable and clever member of the Great Rebellion! Throughout the episodes there are also quite a few notable moments of nice direction. In particular, during the opening battle between Bow and the Horde Troopers, we see him use his tricks to escape capture. One of his tricks involves using flashpowder to disappear. A great touch on one such instance has the dissipating smoke form beautiful heart-shaped imagery!



(click on the images to see them at full-size)

8 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Wow! Didn't catch that before, and I like how the hearts have a touch of pink to them too! I also like how the Horde Troopers look around in confusion. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

SirBush said...

That heart-shaped smoke cracks me up. I never could quite get a handle on Bow, to be honest. I mean, he's so flamboyant... but his MOTUC bio states clearly that he is in love with Adora. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'd have personally thought he'd be more likely to be in love with someone like Sea Hawk. :)

joseephus said...

I love the heart shaped smoke. And even though he used his bow and arrow a lot, I always seen Bow as more of a magician growing up watching the show.

Chris Sunday said...

I always liked it when they gave Bow something to add to his uniqueness! It was always the one reason why I thought he had to be part of the Royal Court to Queen Angela. More stuff on Bow please!

Buzz Chuck said...

Yeah, he always seem to be a little light in the loafers. There were also occasions were he seemed to be showing off for Adora as if he was trying to whew her.

David Monid said...

Bow must have had some unexpected help from the Care Bears in this scene, flash powder that sudden;y turns into hearts?...Who would have thought of that? :D

But really though that flash powder just proves that Bow can be a rather romantic guy, much like he's carbon copy; the Sea Hawk. :D

chosen1heath@me.com said...

This is an example of why I don't like She-Ra so much. The hearts thing is toooo corny for me.

Miss M said...

Oh I am all for these hearts. It is all whimsical, which is one of the reasons why life on Etheria would be so awesome. I have always thought of Bow as a Renaissance man, and truth be told I could see Adora easily being caught up in liking him for being well rounded and Sea Hawk for being the "bad" boy rebel type.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...