09 January 2012

Wraparound differences #3

Back in 2006 I showcased how the wraparound segment from "Beast Island" featured alternative footage when retelling the events of "Into Etheria". Some six years later I thought it would be good to showcase the wraparound segment from the following episode "She-Ra Unchained", and how it features vastly different footage when retelling the events of "Beast Island". The image on the left is from the episode "Beast Island" showing He-Man struggling to break free of his chains. However, as you can see in the image on the right, in the wraparound from "She-Ra Unchained", it shows a much more expressive piece of animation as He-Man attempts to break free!


(click on the images to see them at full-size)

5 comments:

Kevin Martinell said...

Nice! I didn't catch that before. The image on the left features the 1984-1985 style of He-Man's face, and the image on the right has the 1983 facial expressions. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

Go Green at Battin said...

I'm luck enough to own one of these cels. But I didn't notice that difference before. Know I need to go and take a closer look.

Kelly

chosen1heath@me.com said...

I agree with Kevin's earlier post about he same sort of subject. Why would Filmation be so chincy with animation in the name of saving money, and then turn around and re-animate these scenes?

SirBush said...

Are there any wraparound shots in the vintage MOTU series, James? I doubt it, but it would be very interesting if there were.

David Monid said...

He-Man: hey these energy chains have been convienately turned off this time round. I'll just break them and free myself. :D

Yeah the wrap up section wasen't as dramatic without the machine being turned on. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...