07 February 2012

The first change back!

Although the Filmation series featured three occasions in which we witnessed He-Man transform back into Prince Adam, The New Adventures of He-Man series never avoided the opportunity to showcase this rarely seen event. In this scene from "A New Beginning" you can see the incredibly creative way the reverse transformation was directed in this series. He-Man would go down on one knee, as if bowing to the Sword of Power. This would be followed by a magical glow that enveloped his body, as Prince Adam slowly appeared once again. A very cool effect!



(click on the images to see them at full-size)

7 comments:

Buzz Chuck said...

I'm glad he doesn't hold the sword up in the air to turn back.

joseephus said...

I was never a giant fan of the NA series. But I must admit this is one of those moments that really stuck with me. Very creative way to have He-Man change back to Adam.

Joni Koivisto said...

Though I haven't seen much of New Adventures, I do remember this scene (from early 90's), especially as it's the first time I witnessed He-Man transforming back to Adam on screen. Those transforming back moments from Filmation I did not see before I got DVDs.

Kevin Martinell said...

The glow, combined with the "fading back" effects, really work well for a moment like this! I love the beautiful outdoor scenery used for the scene too. :) Thanks for reading and God Bless! ~"KevyGuy" :)

ToonJukka said...

A lot better than "By the Power of Grayskull! - I am Adam!" :D

Sebastian Vogl said...

I always kinda like the NA cartoon (how anyone can not love "Four Ways to Sundown" is beyond me), and the transformation back into Adam was one of the best ideas they realized there!

David Monid said...

Score one for Cholpin and the guys at K.K. C&D Asia. :)

It was great to see He-Man change back to Prince Adam at long last. This effect was very simple, but it was effective. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...